Saturday, September 7, 2013

Choices

Being thankful is tough to do when faced with life sometimes. Making the choice to acknowledge God's goodness, favor & grace brings with it acceptance. I have found that in order to be truly thankful I have to accept where I'm at. Failure to do so results in contingent thankfulness.  What I mean is, if you don't accept your circumstances as they are in the present, then your thankfulness is contingent upon some upcoming event in order to be thankful.  For me this means that while I choose to be thankful I must also choose to be accepting of where I am, or rather where God has placed me.  Being accepting doesn't mean giving up, it means I am subjecting myself to His sovereignty and to His plan all the while knowing and trusting in God's goodness.

Today's gifts:

1. Oxygen - the way oxygen molecules share their outer electrons reminds me of how thankfulness & acceptance go together
2. Strangers hanging out supporting the local urban gardening community
3. The river









No comments:

Post a Comment