Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Rest

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]" Matthew 11:28 (AMP)

I think it is so interesting that this scripture used the words "heavy laden and overburdened." It is as if the author wanted to emphasize the fact that he was pushed to his limit. Has someone ever said to you, "God won't give you more than you can handle," as means of comfort? While the words are well intentioned they aren't actually true.  If you're never taxed beyond your limit, how do you know when to ask for help? Would you be willing to accept help if you needed it? 

The gift in being over burdened is knowing Someone else can handle it and give me rest. He who created me with all my limits gives me the opportunity to come to Him and be refreshed.

Today's gifts:

1. Skilled nursing care
2. Access to healthcare
3. Unconditional love






No comments:

Post a Comment