Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Something Orange

Over a year ago, it was fourteen months ago to be precise, I thought I was having a really bad few weeks.  I had no idea at that time that life was about to get worse.  It's all about perspective isn't it? You think the space you are in right now is "____" (fill in the blank with whatever adjective suits you) and in the space of a few minutes, hours, days..... and so on your perspective on the here and now will change.  While our bodies, feelings, situations, even the world around us does change, there are constants! As a lover of math there are so many puns I could insert here, but I won't. :-) I digress.

Sometimes, we have to work harder than others to hold on to those constants.  One constant in my life is my relationship with God. The year gone by has tested that relationship. I would love to say that I know where I am in regards to my relationship with God, but I can't. What I can say is that I'm working it out. I'm working on other stuff as well. I'm working on figuring out who I am, I am working on finishing my MA. In order to make forward progress in my life I found that I needed to go back to the basics. The basics of my blogging started with posting photographs that inspired me and blessed me. Today Ann Voskamp sent out her prompts for the month of October. Since her book is the reason I started blogging, I felt it only appropriate to begin this month's photographic contributions using her prompt for today: "3 Gifts Orange..."

My husband and I happened upon these beauties during our walk this morning. 

An orange classic 

Mysoor Dahl - reminds me of my mom. 






No comments:

Post a Comment